Guidelines for submitting to the Earth Pathways Diary and Calendar
- No work will be accepted without a printed, completed and signed submission form or an email address
- You are welcome to submit up to 5 pieces of work; these can be a mixture of images and writing.
- We need to have correct and clear contact details for you – please write your email clearly on your submission form.
- Don’t forget to include an electronic version of your 40 word profile (we don't need this printed)!
- We advise you to read through the Contributor Terms and Conditions before submitting.
- Please do not send your submission by recorded delivery, or needing a signature (If I'm not in to receive it I have to walk 3 miles to collect it!)
- Artwork and photographs need to be sent as a .jpg The file size needs to be between 3 - 10 MB. We cannot use anything smaller* (see below for further digital file size details).
- Every piece needs to be titled – both on the paper submission form and on the disc/memory stick/email AND THEY NEED TO HAVE CORRESPONDING TITLES! My crystal ball is pretty good but it struggles to match up a file named IMG_07539.jpg with a title such as ‘Abstract Heather at Sunset’.
- We need a small, physical printed copy of each image (computer paper is fine, no need for photographic paper)** (see footer below for further printing details).
- Your name AND the title of your image MUST be written on the back of each print out please. If we sneeze and everything gets jumbled up together...well... you get the picture!!
- For really large files use DropBox, WeTransfer or another file sharing application - that's no problem at all!
- We often have a shortage of Landscape images – these are easier to place.
- *Digital File Sizes. Our aim is to present your work to the highest standard possible. We cannot use small KB image files. Please check your file size before sending them, but don’t just resize them if they are small files as this doesn’t work… they remain a small file in essence. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any help with understanding this!
- All writing (prose, poetry & your profile) needs to be sent as a Word/text document; .doc .docx .txt are all fine. Small poems can even be sent in the body of your email.
- Length of work. Please bear in mind the size of a diary/calendar page; there is no point sending us lengthy poems or prose! There is limited space to give equal opportunity to both words and an image; to create a harmonious page the writing, artwork and season must be beautifully aligned. Have a look at what writing does get in as that might help you decide what to send us.
- Bearing the above in mind ... writing needs to be approx. 200 - 225 words. Fewer than this is also good.
- We need a physical, single sided, printed copy of each submitted piece.** (see footer below for further printing details).
- Your name AND the title of the writing MUST be written somewhere on your print out please.
- We rarely choose rhyming poems and seem to prefer the more free-flow type of poetry, again quite short is good.
None of this is meant to dissuade you from submitting; on the contrary, we simply want to increase your chances of being selected.
We absolutely love all the wonderful things you send us. Without your generosity there would not be an Earth Pathways diary!
Please feel free to email me with any other questions you may have – I will try my very best to help you!!
All the best, Debs (the brave submission processor!!) and the Earth Pathways Diary team
** Printing Details. We have had a few queries about the nature of the printed hard copies that we require. These are simply to help us with our selection process and the reason we ask YOU to send them is because otherwise we would have to print them all out ourselves and frankly, we’d go a bit loopy with the smell of all that wet ink.
They don’t need to be an exact size, just a smallish, sensible size that we can see clearly. DON’T WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS INK on a huge print out :o) And we don’t need them on photographic paper, normal copier paper will be fine. Any further questions feel free to email us.